COVID-19 Policy And New Operating Procedures:
The health, well-being, and safety of our clients, patients, and staff is and has always been our top priority at Veterinary Services of Wickford. Following guidelines from The CDC and the RI Dept. of Health we are implementing the following policies in order to continue to provide the best and safest care for your pets.
- If you or someone in your household has been quarantined, is sick with a fever, or has respiratory, or flu-like symptoms, call and reschedule your appointment.
- If you or someone in your household has traveled internationally call and reschedule your appointment.
- We are no longer allowing clients into the building, but are instead having a "curbside" service so please call 401-294-9518 option 0 when you arrive and our staff will get you checked in and explain our new examination procedures and policies to you.
- Masks or face coverings will be required when having any contact with our staff.
- All cats must be in carriers and all dogs must be on a leash.
- We are no longer accepting CASH as a form of payment.
- Credit cards are our preferred form of payment and ask clients to call them in over the phone from your car after your pet's appointment.
- PLEASE CALL AHEAD if you need to pick up medication refills, food, or any supplies so we can have everything ready in advance. We will be offering scheduled times for pickup of medications and supplies.
- IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY WITH YOUR PET PLEASE CALL FIRST and we will determine the best plan to get your pet the care he/she requires.
- Clinic hours and availability are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation develops and as we receive more information from the CDC and The RI Department of Health.
RETRACTABLE LEASH POLICY
For the safety of our patients and clients, we have a retractable leash policy. All dogs must be on a 6 foot leash or shorter.
If your dog comes in on an extendable leash, we will kindly ask you to borrow one of our leashes for the duration of your visit. At the end of your visit, following check out, the clip on leash will be hung up in our clinic and the retractable leash can be replaced on your dog.
Due to the mechanisms of retractable leashes failing to lock, the risk associated with a cord becoming entagled around a limb, and the risk of a retractable leash breaking, we feel that it is in our client's and patient's best interest to be on a sturdy, non-retractable lead while at our practice.
Thank you for your understanding.